Monday, June 8, 2009

Operation Sacred Spork

Phase six of Operation Sacred Spork has finally been concluded, and we're pleased to announce the templar class is finally live! We've been thoroughly testing it for the last couple of weeks and as Parviane said in his last change, we're skipping any "testing" stages as we're fully confident the class is nicely balanced, and will perform great. In terms of player kill, I've had a lot of fun testing this class out and am really interested to see what kind of combos start to turn up; I found that while heavy HP is tempting with them (as they are a fighter variety) the speed of their spells and costs really make heavy mana a necessity. They respond really well to turn around situations which is in the same vein of strategy as a cleric, but with a wildmage touch of chance. Inquisition you can fire off enough to really make the best of a bad situation, but the hp it eats just makes it that much scarier; I'm curious how people will use these... lots of noexits? Less? I'll be watching you guys spar and PK so make sure you aren't slacking >:D

It isn't in the help class tables JUST yet, so just to make it accessible to ever one the stat bonuses are +2 to con, and +1 to wis.

TEMPLARS AREN'T PALADINS! I've already heard this tossed around a lot and I can see how it's easy to think that with the similarities in RP, but this is a class unique to DR that has been constructed to operate very differently (not to mention that we have three different types of Templars, that aren't necessarily "good" "evil" or "neutral"). Warrior-Wildmage-Cleric is what we've described them as in a pinch, like I said... unique class, unique way to operate >:). Really I guess... you just have to try them out to see!

EDIT-

By the way everyone, great work on the voting! We've secured and maintained our number ten position and finally made our way back to the top ten muds. I can't say how impressed I am with the dedication of our pbase, and I really hope you all keep up the great work, this is sure to bring in some new faces. I've had some staff mention to me recently that they're really interested in what the players have been thinking about the changes to the game, so I'd love to see some new reviews on TMC if anyone has time or desire too.

No comments:

Post a Comment